6 Healthy Brunch Ideas
There is nothing like a good, quick, and healthy brunch with family and friends. However, some can get carried away and feel too heavy after eating brunch. But do not worry, we have shared some brunch recipes that have a lighter spin on them, so you can eat healthily and relax with a mimosa and spend your time with family and friends.
The easiest and healthy items for every day it just got better for you. With all these quick healthy brunch ideas, you do not have to worry about weight gain. These brunch dishes are healthy.
Some Healthy Brunch Recipes
It is time to wake up and shine your morning with this tasty and fluffy dish. This is an easy breakfast recipe, and it is vegan. This dish will be a star with everyone at the table. You can serve these pancakes with your favorite or everyone’s favorite toppings, and make sure to include bowls of maple syrup, fresh sliced fruits, and other favorite sides while serving the dish.
These diner-style pancakes are healthy filling and hearty. Moreover, it is a great meal to start your day. Besides, you can use these recipes for next time during a brunch party at your place.
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of non-dairy milk
- Three tablespoons of canola oil or you can use other healthy oil
- Two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour or you can use gluten-free flour
- Two teaspoons of sugar
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of xanthan gum only if you are making gluten-free pancakes
- Two cups of non-dairy chocolate chips, or you can use fresh fruits like; sliced bananas, blueberries, or sliced strawberries.
- Take a medium bowl and combine the non-dairy milk and vinegar. Now mix it well and set aside to thicken for six minutes. After that, whisk the vanilla and oil into the milk mixture.
- Take a large bowl, now mix together baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, flour, xanthan gum (if you are making gluten-free). Now pour the mixture of milk on top of the flour mixture and now mix it well until the batter gets blended. Make sure not to overmix it.
- Now heat the frying pan or skillet to 350 degrees F. Spray the griddle using non-stick cooking spray. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the frying pan or griddle by using a ladle. Sprinkle it with some chocolate chips or sliced fruits. In about 2 minutes, if you bubbles begin to pop around the edges of the pancakes, then flip the pancake. Now cook for two to three minutes on the other side. Now repeat the same process until the batter is finished.
- Serve the pancakes, or you can place them in a baking sheet and cover them with another layer. Put the pancakes in a warm place for 15 to 30 minutes.
Country Style Vegetable Frittata
This dish Country-style Vegetable Frittata has it all with all the vegetables, eggs, and cheese in the recipe list. You will just need the ovenproof skillet to make this easy frittata recipe, and it will be a piece of good news for those who have to wash the dishes after the meal. A good day starts when you include this dish on your healthy brunch menu list.
- ⅓ cup of parmesan cheese freshly grated
- One large thinly sliced onion
- One each medium-size yellow, green, and red bell peppers, and cut into julienne strips
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two cloves garlic, chopped
- Eight eggs
- Three tablespoons of milk
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- Salt and ground pepper, as per taste
- Saute the bell peppers and onion in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until the onions become slightly caramelized for 25 minutes. Now add the chopped garlic and cook for a minute.
- Now preheat the broiler; after that, mix together the milk, thyme, salt, pepper, and eggs. Put the mixture into the pan and cook them over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes until the bottom is set. Make sure that the top still is creamy and moist and sprinkle the eggs with parmesan cheese.
- After that, take the skillet and place under the preheated grill and cook until it becomes golden and sizzling.
- Now cut into the wedges and serve the hot vegetable frittata from the skillet or serve it at room temperature.
Harissa, Chorizo, and Potato Hash
Harissa, this chili sauce is widely used in Morocco and North Africa. It is an amazingly flavourful spice that lends a tropical flavor for everyday potato and sausage hash.
If the nearby grocery store does not have the ingredients, then look for it online, and it is widely available. This dish is an ideal backing for scrambled and fried eggs with hot coffee.
- ½ teaspoons of harissa paste
- ¾ fingerling pound potatoes
- ¼ kosher salt
- ¼ freshly ground black pepper
- One medium finely chopped onion
- Four tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 1 ½ pound of fresh chorizo sausage
- 1 ½ fresh chopped parsley
- For garnish scrambled or fried eggs
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a small bowl, mix the harissa paste, and two tablespoons of olive oil together.
- Now toss the potatoes in the harissa and oil mixture, after that season lightly with pepper and salt. Now arrange the potatoes in a layer on a baking sheet. Bake the potatoes until they cook through and become golden. Bakes for 25 minutes. Turn and stir the potatoes midway through cooking to make sure it gets brown from every side. Now keep the roasted potatoes aside.
- Now take the wok and heat it. After that, put the remaining two tablespoons of oil over high heat. Next, add the peppers and onions and cook until it gets softened, for about 5 to 7 minutes. Now add the chorizo sausage to the wok and cook it for 5 minutes. After that, add roasted potatoes harissa and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper as per taste. Sprinkle it with parsley
- Serve this dish with scrambled or fried eggs.
Lemon-Pecan Pancakes with Molasses
Stacked pancakes and oozing with a slow drizzle of smoky and dark molasses. These lemon pancakes strike a balance of flavors. The crunchy taste of toasted pecans, along with a flow of molasses.
For the Pancakes
- One teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Two tablespoons of lemon zest
- Two large beaten eggs
- 1 ½ cups of buttermilk
- 110g finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 100g of toasted pecan halves
For the Molasses
- ½ teaspoons of salt
- 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup of southern comfort liquor or bourbon
- Six tablespoons of sugarcane molasses
- Two tablespoons of unsalted butter
For the Molasses
- Put the ¼ cup of water and sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium flame. Bring them to a boil; after that, lower the heat to medium. Shake the pan side to side and continue it with slow-boiling until sugar dissolves and takes a dark caramel form.
- After that, add the remaining ¼ cup of water immediately to stop the cooking. Now add the southern comfort and cook it in a slow boil. Add the molasses, salt, and butter. Cook them until it gets thickened for 5 minutes. Remove from the stove and keep it warm.
For the Pancakes
- Take a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Now take another large bowl, put lemon zest, lemon juice, buttermilk, and eggs mix it together. Now add the dry ingredients to this mixture and mix it. This mixture should be a pourable batter consistency. If not, then you add more buttermilk; after that, you can add chopped pecans and mix to combine.
- Now heat a large non-stick pan and coat with non-stick spray over medium flame. Pour the portion of batter and cook; it is done from both sides for 3 to 5 minutes total. Move the pancakes to a plate and keep it warm.
- Now for serving, stack the pancakes on one plate after that add toasted pecan halves between the layers along the edges. Pour the Southern Comfort Molasses on the pancakes. Sprinkle it sugar and garnish it with lemon slices.
Scrambled Eggs and Smoked Salmon
Are you ready to take the scrambled eggs to the next level? In this health brunch, we are going to make scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. It is easy to make and packed with protein. You can start your day with this dish.
- Eight large beaten eggs
- Two slices of crusty white bread
- Three tablespoons of butter
- 5 ounces of smoked salmon
- Some sea salt and ground black pepper
- One lemon
- Heat the skillet pan over the medium heat. Now take the other non-stick pan and melt the butter over a gentle heat until it foams. Add the beaten eggs to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir it continuously with a spatula into the corners. Cook the eggs until they are underdone, and the tiny pieces of scrambled eggs are surrounded with smooth, soft, and runny eggs. Remove from the flame while the eggs will continue to cook even when the flame is off.
- Skillet the bread until it turns nicely charred on both sides. When the eggs get thicken, season it and piled on to the skillet toast. Now top it with smoked salmon slices. Serve it with lemon wedges and sprinkle it with ground black pepper.
Sweet Potato Waffles
This waffle is lightly textured and beautiful color; these flavourful waffles are a great way to start. Sweet potato and Three whole grains add up to satisfaction.
- One ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- One ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 60g of cornflour
- 16g baking powder
- One teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 60g barley flour
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 240g of wheat pastry flour
- ¼ flavored oil
- One ¾ cups of refrigerated coconut milk
- 10 ounces of peeled sweet potato cubes
- Fill a medium-size saucepan with water and bring to a boil over a high flame. Now add the sweet potato and bring the flame to low and simmer it for 10 minutes until it becomes tender. After that, remove the water and keep it aside until the potatoes can be handled. Now add maple syrup, oil milk, and potatoes in a blender and blend it until it becomes smooth.
- Combine the baking powder, flours, salt, cloves, and cinnamon in a medium-size bowl and mix together. Now pour the potato mixture into the mixture of dry ingredients and mix it to combine. The mixture should be thick, but it should be spreadable; if not, then you put two tablespoons of milk as per consistency.
- Now preheat the waffle iron to high heat. After that, lightly coat with cooking spray. Now pour ⅔ batter onto the waffle iron and cook according to the instructions.
- Now you can serve it with maple butter. To make maple butter, take 1 tablespoon of melted vegan butter and 1 teaspoon of pure maple syrup and some of the ground cinnamon.
By eating a healthy brunch, you can start your day healthy and active. It helps you sustain a day with nutrients, and it will not make you feel tired and help to improve your concentration and productivity.
So stay healthy, eat healthily. If you find this article helpful or any kind of questions related to this post, feels free to comment below this section.
READ MORE: Healthy Indian Breakfast You Must Try